The ringing chamber is on the ground floor at the west end of the church. There are a number of painted panels displayed which record past events such as the installation of the bells and the peals that have been rung. One of the panels records the first (part) peal to be rung in Cornwall. This was achieved on these bells in 1864 under the leadership of Harry Trelawny.
An Ellacombe chiming apparatus, which is no longer useable, is installed on the south wall of the chamber.
We Ring the Quick to Church, the dead to grave
Good is our Use such Usage lett us have,
Who swears or Curse or in a Cholerick mood
Quarrels or strike altho he draw no blood
Who wears his Hat or Spur or turns a Bell
or by unskilfull handling marrs A Peal
Let him pay Six pence for each Single crime
Twill make him Cautious against another time
So when the Bells are ceased then lett us Sing
God bless our holy Church, God Save the King.
thes Bells was cast in the year 1773 & the Tower new leaded.